Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Waiting for the phone to ring

I had the ultrasound at 7:30 this morning. The ultrasound tech said, "Wow, you've got a lot going on here." within seconds of looking at the ultrasound screen. I have five eggs ready to go. They are measured in size to see how many have matured from the ovary stimulation medication, Clomid. Any follicle measuring 14mm or larger is considered a possible pregnancy. I had one 19mm, two 18mm, and two 14mm.  I also had five follicles possible when our daughter was conceived.

A blood draw was also done to check hormone levels. Now the doctors are considering the blood test and follicles to decide when to inject the hormone and inseminate.  I'm supposed to be hearing from them anytime now... anytime... anytime.

Yes, I am excited to get the insemination done... but right now I am more concerned with planning around it. I know that the insemination will take place tomorrow or the day after. If it's tomorrow I have to make 2 phone calls to break commitments. If it's the day after I need to find a sitter for my daughter and possibly break 1 commitment. My husband will have to take one of those days off too... just don't know which one yet.

I am a planner.. I like things organized.. I need to update my calendar. Waiting is tough.

And I'm excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment